TEXPACC - Dancer Instructions
- Each dancer receives a barcode to control their status within the rotation.
- Your barcode may be used in any hall.
- If you lose your barcode, see Debbie at the front desk for a replacement.
How to scan a barcode
Hold the barcode two or three inches beneath the scanner so that the red line
emitted by the scanner horizontally bisects the barcode.
If the scan is successful, the scanner beeps and computer displays
a popup window showing the results of the scan.
Do not frantically wave the barcode back and forth or up and down, as the scanner may not be able to read it.
Using your barcode
A set of function barcodes is located near the scanner.
Function barcodes allow changes to your Role, OK w/Single, or Partner.
You may also request to sitout for the next tip.
To use a function barcode, first scan the function barcode, then scan your dancer barcode.
The Join Two Dancers (into a couple) function requires an additional scan of your
desired partner's barcode.
Upon scanning a function barcode, a popup window prompts you to scan your dancer barcode.
Assuming wi-fi is available and that the rotation computer
is configured for remote access, use your smart phone to
access the rotation.
Via the web app, you can:
- Change your status, role, OK w/single, and preferred partner.
- View your square number, and the names of dancers in your square.
Open web app via https://www.ceder.net/rotation/
For additional information about the Web App, see Web App.