| ||Los Olivos, California, USA|| |
WEB SITE (http://www.ceder.net/) Calling ScheduleCalling Mainstream thru C4
Staff caller at the Academy for Advanced and Challenge Enthusiasts (AACE).
I am also the webmaster of
this site, and the author of the Caller and Cuer Database.
| Vic at Home
|Address|| Vic Ceder|
P.O. Box 841
Los Olivos, California
|Phone (home)|| (805) 686-1108 |
|Phone (mobile)|| (805) 886-3025 |
Choreography submitted by Vic Ceder
- Articles by Vic Ceder:
- Alternative Music
- Suggestions on using Alternative Music with examples.
- Asymmetric Primer for Callers
- This paper presents asymmetric (or non-symmetric) choreography: what it is, how to get into it, how to resolve from it and how, when and why to use it. It gives lots of examples and hints on how to keep it simple. This paper was originally written for Advanced and Challenge callers, and contains some references to calls on these programs. Presented at Callerlab 2010 and 2011.
- Dancing and Studying Hints
- A list of dancing and studying hints made available through Vic & Debbie's published definition book series,
the Ceder Chest of Square Dance Definitions. This material is copyrighted.
- Extended Applications (for Callers)
- Standard applications are those combinations of calls and formations that are most frequently called, and which give a high dancer success rate. When a caller goes beyond this basic 'norm', dancers tend to break down because they are given unfamiliar positions from which to do the call. This article focuses on those Extended Applications, how and when to use them while keeping them fun and attainable.
- The Crossfire Controversy
- Crossfire from Out-Facing Lines.
- Two Couple Primer
- There are times when we want to use Two Couple Calling as a programming or showmanship tool. There are other times when we may have less than two full squares and we want to get as many dancing as we can. This paper provides insight on how to effectively utilize this type of calling and includes some of the pitfalls as well.
- Clubs featuring Vic Ceder as the club caller or cuer:
|Taws "n" Paws (Logo) Santa Barbara, California|
| ||Plus Dance with Phase II thru Phase IV Rounds|
Squares: Vic Ceder
St. Marks Methodist Church
3942 La Colina Road
At State & La Cumbre Streets go towards the Mountains on La Cumbre 4 blocks to La Colina, turn left -
Church is on the right Dance Location Map
- Events featuring Vic Ceder:
- April 11 to 12, 2015
- Recordings by Vic Ceder:
Fishing Ground In The North Patter, 1 World 004
Sapporo Patter, 1 World 005