Fiesta Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 15 oz petite tomatoes, diced
- 10 oz enchilada sauce, red
- 14.5 oz black beans, drained
- 4 oz green chiles, diced
- 10 oz corn kernels, frozen (or hominy)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground black
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (fresh), chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, avocado for serving
Combine all ingredients except for the cilantro and lime juice in a slow-cooker.
Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
Remove chicken from soup, shred into bite-sized pieces and return to soup.
Stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice.
Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and avocado if desired.