The Dancer Table - Add / Edit
window allows you to add a new dancer to the Dancer Table or to edit an existing dancer within the Dancer Table.
If there is an asterisk (*) on the Title Bar, after the dancer's name, this indicates that the data in the record has been modified. If the asterisk is not there, then the data has not been changed.
There are 4 tabs:
- Name - usually you'll only need to use this tab.
- Contact Info - information such as address, phone number, etc.
- Notes - any additional notes or comments.
- Preferences - this tab is still in the developmental stages. Do not use at this time.
First Name, and Last Name
- When adding a new dancer to the Dancer Table, change <new> in First Name to the dancer's first name and change <new> in Last Name to the dancer's last name of the dancer being added. When editing a dancer already within the Dancer Table, change the First Name or Last Name as appropriate.
Role / Preferred Role
- The dance role of the dancer may be assigned or changed: Boy, Girl, or Any (bi-dansual).
- The preferred dance role of the dancer may be assigned or changed. The program attempts to use the dancer's preferred role when the dancer dances as a single.
- Partner may be assigned to the dancer or changed. In order to assign a partner to a dancer, both dancers must already be in the Dancer Table and not already assigned as a partner to another dancer.
- The name of the partner may be displayed as either First Name Last Name, or as Last Name, First Name. The first button to the right of the Partner box toggles between the two display choices.
- To clear the Partner name, click the eraser button to the right of the Partner box.
- To make changes to the dancer's Partner data within the Dancer Table, click the pencil icon to the right of the Partner box. Note, the program will prompt the user to save any edits to the current dancer before editing the Partner information.
- The Couple Name box populates automatically when a Partner is chosen. To switch the order of the names within the Couple Name, click the button to the right of the Couple Name box.
- To clear the Couple Name box, click the eraser icon to the right of the Couple Name box.
- If the Couple Name box is empty, the user can repopulate it by clicking the Def button to the right of the Couple Name box to display the Default Couple Name.
- When checked, dancer is willing to dance as necessary with a single dancer.
- Flags may be assigned to the dancer or cleared from the dancer, to assist locating the dancer in the Dancer Table.
- Flags are useful to help identify similar dancers within the Dancer Table. Flags can indicate a dancer's dance level, the groups with which they dance, and other attributes.
- Flags must be created in the Flag Table.
- Name to display when dancing as a Single.
- Short Name is displayed to save space on the screen when there are many squares to display. The default format is the first three letters of the Last Name followed by a comma and the first letter of the First Name.
- Category may be edited. In most cases, the category field should be set to 'Normal'.
- 'Student' indicates the dancer is in the class. Rotation options allow students to dance every tip, and/or to evenly distribute students between squares.
- 'Angel' indicates the dancer is helping out. Rotation options allow angels to dance only if needed, and/or to evenly distribute angels between squares.
- A tag, or short comment, may be added or edited.
- A tag is similar in function to a flag, but is unique to each dancer.
- Attributes may be edited.
- Attributes are useful to treat individual dancers with specific needs in a special way.
- Displays this help page.
- Saves change made, and closes the dialog box.
- Closes the dialog box, without saving changes.
Contact Info tab