Printer friendly version 
 Square Dance Resource Net  (Home)ArticlesCallers and CuersClubsEventsResourcesChoreographyMusicLyricsCeder Chest Definition BooksCeder Square Dance System  (CSDS)Square Rotation Program  (SQROT)Vic Ceder - Square Dance CallerDefinitions of square dance calls and conceptsMore square dance DefinitionsLists of square dance calls and conceptsFrequently Asked QuestionsSquare dance linksLos Olivos Honey BeesBande DéssineesChocolate BarsBeanie BabiesPokémon Trading CardsSend us feedback
Digital Music
Digital Music
 Digital Music Main Page  |  FAQ     
 MP3 Files and Calling  |  A Caller's Perspective  |  Recording and Editing Music  |  Connectors 

 This page is still being implemented! 
Try again at a later date.

Connectors for use with Digital Music.

Types of Connectors 

Define and show pictures of

  • RCA male / female
  • 1/8" male / female (mono/stereo)
  • 1/4" male / female (mono/stereo)
  • Cinch Jones (P-302-CCT) male / female

Recommended Inventory 

A small bag with the following items should be part of your calling equipment:

1Electric Adaptor - USA 3-prong female to USA 2-prong maleNecessary if computer is 3-prong and wall plug is 2-prong. Removes AC hum when laptop is 3-prong and an older amplifier is used.
2Electric Adaptor - USA 2-prong female to European 2-prong maleFor power in Europe.
2Cable - shielded 3-foot, 1/8" male to 1/8" male, stereoThe most common cable you'll need. Get two of them.
1Cable - shielded 3-foot, Dual RCA male to Dual RCA maleOften two cables joined together, color-coded (one white, one red).
1Connector - 1/8" female to 1/8" female, stereoUseful for joining two 1/8" male to 1/8" male cables.
2Connector - 1/8" female to RCA male, mono 
1Connector - RCA female to 1/8" male, mono 
1Connector - Dual RCA female to 1/8" male, stereo 
1Connector - 1/8" male to dual 1/8" female, monoMicrophone volume splitter.
2Connector - RCA female to RCA femaleUseful for joining two RCA male to RCA male cables.
2Connector - RCA male to Dual RCA female 
1Connector - 1/4" female to 1/8" male, mono 
1Connector - 1/4" male to Dual 1/4" female, monoFor splitting speaker output or microphone input.
1Connector - 1/4" male to Cinch Jones female, monoOnly needed for connecting to old-style speaker cords.
2Connector - RCA female to 1/4" male, monoCommonly used for connecting to older amplifiers.
1Signal BoosterRequired to boost audio signal for older amplifiers.
1USB Sound CardHighly recommend. The headset output jack on my laptop broke, and a USB sound card was the only way I could get audio output.

  • Use shielded cables whenever possible, to minimize AC hum.
  • Qty=2 are for items that are often used or lended to other callers - you'll rarely get them back!
  • Identify your cables and connectors, perhaps by attaching colored tape or name tags to each component.
  • The above list should be sufficient. Occasionally, a connector not listed above might be required (for example, a 1/8" female to 1/4" male), but you'll be able to combine two of your connectors to get the desired result.

If you know of any other item that should be listed here, Contact Vic
13-June-2024 09:57:19
Copyright © 2024 Vic Ceder.  All Rights Reserved.
full URL