Tuna Casserole (Herbed)
- 3 quarts water, salted and boiling
- 1 pound pasta (medium egg noodles, or your choice)
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon A-1 steak sauce
- 2-3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cans (6.5 oz each) tuna, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon savory
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- Parmesan cheese (grated), to top
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cook noodles until tender. Drain.
Simmer milk, salt, mustard and steak sauce over low heat
to just below boiling.
Add cheddar cheese, stir over low heat until cheese melts.
Add tuna, oregano, savory, marjoram, peas, and noodles
(or, layer tuna and noodles).
Spoon into greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until top layer is crusty brown.